Joint EU Chambers of Commerce event
Over lunch on March 29, head of the world’s largest city, Tokyo Governor Masuzoe, will share his ambitions for making Tokyo a vibrant business and investment hub on the road to 2020 – and beyond.
Topics will include:
– plans for Tokyo to become the most business-friendly city in the world
– strengthening of the city as a global financial centre
– vision for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games
This is a very special event, organised by the BCCJ and co-hosted by the following EU Chambers of Commerce in Japan:
– Austrian Business Council (ABC)
– British Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BCCJ)
– Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BLCCJ)
– Danish Chamber of Commerce in Japan (DCCJ)
– Finnish Chamber of Commerce in Japan (FCCJ)
– French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan (CCIFJ)
– German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan (GCCIJ)
– Icelandic Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ISCCJ)
– Ireland Japan Chamber of Commerce (IJCC)
– Italian Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ICCJ)
– Netherlands Chamber of Commerce in Japan (NCCJ)
– Norwegian Chamber of Commerce in Japan (NCCJ)
– Swedish Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan (SCCJ)
The session is made possible thanks to the kind support of the European Business Council (EBC) in Japan, and Philips Japan.
Event content will be delivered in English. Simultaneous interpretation will be provided, courtesy of Philips, Japan.
ICCJ seats are limited to 15, you are invited to book early to avoid disappointment.
About the speaker
Masuzoe was elected Governor of Tokyo in 2014. After graduating with the University of Tokyo, Faculty of Law in 1971, he began his professional career as a Research Fellow, l’Institut d’Histoire des Relations Internationales Contemporaines, University of Paris (1973-1975). He went on to become a Research Fellow, l’Institut d’Hautes Etudes Internationales, University of Geneva (1976-1978), and then Associate Professor of Political Science & History, University of Tokyo (1979-1989). He served two terms as a Member of the House of Councillors (2001-2013). In this latter role, he served as Chairman, Committee on Foreign Affairs and Defense (2005). From 2007-2009 he was Japan’s Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare. Masuzoe was born in Kitakyushu, Fukuoka Prefecture in November 1948, and speaks English and French fluently.
Paid reservation by March 18 17:00 after which there can be no refunds on cancellations. No-shows will be charged.
We can not accept cash at the door.
Hilton Tokyo, 4F Kiku Room
6-6-2 Nishi-Shinjuku Shinjuku-ku
Member Cost: ¥8,000
Non-Members Cost: ¥10,000